From Bill Haneman <Bill.Hane...@ireland.sun.com>
Subject tspan [was Re: Question about filter implementation plans ]
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:43:50 GMT

> I won't do tspan as it's a bit complicated to handle white space
correctly.
> The good news is that I think we will be able to implement x,y and dx,dy
on
> tspan. I can explain that latter...
>
> Thierry.

Hi Thierry:

I don't understand why you think this.  I am counting on you to
implement <tspan> ;-)

For now it should be sufficient to create an appropriate
AttributedCharacterIterator for the <text> element as a
whole.  The difficulty with x,y and dx,dy is with the
TextPainter.

In future we will use a GlyphVector for x,y, support,
for now we must rely on TextLayout's draw() and getOutline()
methods,  and ACI.

-Bill

------
Bill Haneman