From Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Korm...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: Image
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 19:19:14 GMT

> TK> Argh, ok no more grey lines but try to do an aoi in the following
> TK> document on the botton of the image and then PAN to the bottom,
> TK> some part of the image are not displayed ...
>
>     Ok I can reproduce this, I'll try to resolve the issue.

So, I have tried to find that and it's the aoi which seems to be wrong.
If you put in ConcreteRasterImageNode

        newAOI = new Rectangle2D.Float(0, 0, 1000, 1000);

instead of :

        newAOI = new Rectangle2D.Float((float)(newAOI.getMinX()+tx0-tx1),
                                       (float)(newAOI.getMinY()+ty0-ty1),
                                       (float)(newAOI.getWidth()/sx),
                                       (float)(newAOI.getHeight()/sy));

it works better :)

>     Not in the way you think.  I use SoftReferences in the cache.  So
> there is a slight memory "leak" in that urls can build up (with empty
> associated SoftReferences), but the Images will get flushed shortly
> after the last hard (normal) reference to them is cleared.
>
>     I suppose I could add a very low priority 'cleanup' (long
> sleeping) thread, or every N images, traverse the cache looking for
> URL's who's images had been flushed (this would handle any risk of
> leaking memory).  Is this worth doing?

Well, I think we can keep this now. I am not sure it's the best way to do that
(I have done a low priority cache for loaded (referenced) document in the
bridge BufferedDocumentLoader - not used at the moment :) - Anyway, we can
discuss about that later.

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann