From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject Question about filter implementation plans
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:10:31 GMT

VH> I want to make sure we are in sync.

VH> Done and in code base:

VH> + feColorMatrix + feComponentTransfer + feFlood + feTurbulence

VH> The one I am not sure who is taking care of:

VH> + feComposite (I think you have started this one)

    Yes, there is a partial implementation in the source base (does
the easy composite modes, but doesn't do ATOP, XOR, ARITHMATIC).
Still needs the bridge written. I was going to be the one to finish
this.

VH> + feBlend

    Doing this will be very similar to the as yet undone feComposite
modes. I don't think I was on the hook for this but I don't mind doing
it.

VH> + feMerge

    This can use the Composite transform directly (I generalized to
allow n-images to be composited in my feComposite implementation).  So
this is just a matter of writing the bridge.

VH> + feConvolveMatrix

    Originally Dean was going to work on this, but it got bogged down
in the details of Alpha handling so I was going to pick it up.  I
can't remember what Dean was going to do instead...

VH> Thanks for letting me know the ones you are working on.

    I was going to do the bridges for Composite and Merge since that
is functionality we have but can't access right now.

    Then I was planning on finishing the composite modes (which means
it probably makes sense for me to do the Blend stuff as well), and
finally writing the general Convolve.

    But if someone else is interested in doing the Composite and
Blend feel free to speak up. Dean? :)

    Also I think we need to add an implementation of replicate to
PadRed (it's in the interface but not implemented).