From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject Re: Image
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:49:21 GMT

TK> Could send me an email when downloaded.

    Thanks, you can delete this.

TK> <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20000802//EN" [...]
>>  This works fine for me with the AffineRed fix...

TK> Argh, ok no more grey lines but try to do an aoi in the following
TK> document on the botton of the image and then PAN to the bottom,
TK> some part of the image are not displayed ...

    Ok I can reproduce this, I'll try to resolve the issue.

TK> By the way, where do you clean your image cache ???  Do we have a
TK> memory leak ???

    Not in the way you think.  I use SoftReferences in the cache.  So
there is a slight memory "leak" in that urls can build up (with empty
associated SoftReferences), but the Images will get flushed shortly
after the last hard (normal) reference to them is cleared.

    I suppose I could add a very low priority 'cleanup' (long
sleeping) thread, or every N images, traverse the cache looking for
URL's who's images had been flushed (this would handle any risk of
leaking memory).  Is this worth doing?