From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject new features and bugs
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:47:17 GMT

TK> Things we need to fix :

TK> Note: we don't pass the mask BE test. Any idea (Vincent, Thomas) ?

    Hmm, well it looks like the changes to the CSSUtilities.convertMask
are broken.

    In particular there is no such thing as a "Mask Element" (it's an
attribute) so the MaskElement is any SVGElement.
thus the following doesn't work.

---

         MaskBridge maskBridge = (MaskBridge)ctx.getBridge(maskElement);
			         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
				 // This returns a SVGGElementBridge since
				 // that is what the maskElement is.

         // No bridge understands the mask element...
         if(maskBridge == null){
             return null;
         }

         return maskBridge.createMask(gn, ctx,
                                      maskElement,
                                      maskedElement);
---

   This is why my code originally didn't look like the filter code.
I've temporarily fixed this by explicitly constructing an
SVGMaskElementBridge every time :(. See comments in the code for
possible ways to fix this.

   You also seem to have dropped some of the bind calls. The call to
'bind' is gone from SVGGElementBridge, but not from
SVGShapeElementBridge. I've removed the call to bind from both.

    My image stuff is working great so even though Masking still has
some problems (although better then when I got it).  I've zipped my
integrated workspaces and put it on ftp://koala.inria.fr/incoming.
I'm going to lunch (then the concall).

   I suspect that my perceived masking problem relates to the fact
that the newly built masking GVT tree doesn't pick up the full tree's
scaling/translation information.  I guess I'm not sure if it should or
not.

   Not that there are two new files in the sample directory.

   9.gif (a bunch of colored rects )
   logoShadowImg.svg  (a file that butchers the batik logo with
                       lots of ugly image refs).