From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject Re: Mask stuff (and fish slowness)
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:15:09 GMT

VH> Thierry and I merged the mask code. Everything is in place, with
VH> the following notes:

    All sounds good.  I'll try and take a look at the Mask and
ConcreteMaskRable stuff.  I prefer Mask I only switched the MaskRable
to be consistent :).

VH> However, I have seen that you have done a lot of work on classes
VH> and I am not quite sure how to write a test that validates all
VH> that. May be it would be good to improve my mask.svg to test other
VH> features?

    I'm not 100% certain I understand what you are looking for in the
testing end.  New (or modified) sample files that failed before my
changes but work after them?

    The only piece of additional functionality I added was the masking
stuff.

VH> I am on a slow modem line, so I cannot send you a zip with the new
VH> code. Could someone else send a snapshot to Thomas?

    This would be helpful. I have implemented the <image> tag (the
changes are not very far reaching, other than the obvious ones).  I
don't support SVG right now (mostly since I didn't know how to
approach it), and the URL (can't be a URI) must be absolute since I
don't know what my document base is or where to get it from (ideas?).

    I can now mask an image by our logo (so the image only shows where
the text is (kind of cool)).