xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Les Walker" <lawal...@nortel.com>
Subject Removing xsi:type from XML instance
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:34:32 GMT

I have a set of outdated XML instances (created with XMLBeans) with
incorrect xsi types specified. Some of them are harmless enough as they
are correct, but I am trying to clean them up so its only specified for
instances of extended abstract types. I have tried using XMLCursor
"removeAttribute" and the same method in the Element interface - but
both result in XmlDisconnect exceptions. Using removeChars(int) does not
throw an exception - but also does not remove anything. I am fairly new
to using cursors so it may be a user problem.

 Is there a way to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated