xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From Adam Flinton <adam.flin...@nhs.net>
Subject How to get required vs optional from a schema?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:40:43 GMT
Dear All,

I am trying to build something which adds all required elements and
required attributes to a document but then gives a user a choice of
adding those child elements/attributes which are optional (via a web
app/gui).

So I have been looking walking the tree much as the
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.xsd2inst.SampleXmlUtil does (except storing
elements etc into a dom structure).

So my question is:

If I find myself on an SchemaType (Element), how do I ask "what are my
required child nodes (elements & attribs)?" and "what are my optional
child nodes (elements & attribs)?"

TIA

Adam

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please
inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in
reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and
Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail
and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail