xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Worrell, Bryan A." <bworr...@mitre.org>
Subject XMLBeans Events
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 19:28:32 GMT

I have recently read an article on the IBM developerWorks website
(http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-xmlbeanse/index.html )
that describes how to use interface extensions to utilize events within
XMLBeans.  I am able to register event listeners, fire events, and do
everything else they describe in the article but I am having a problem
where I set one XmlObject to another through use of the
XmlObject::set(XmlObject arg) method which does not execute my preSet()
and postSet() methods.

This is an example using the PurchaseOrderDocument example found on the
XMLBeans tutorial page:

public static void main(String[] args){
  PurchaseOrder po_one =
  po_one.addModelChangeListener(new IModelChangeListener(){
    public void modelChange(ModelChangeEvent evt){
  PurchaseOrder po_two =
  po_one.addNewCustomer(); // prints "EVENT" on stderr
  po_one.set(po_two);	   // does not print anything
  po_one.addNewCustomer(); // prints "EVENT" on stderr

I am using an extremely stripped down version of the code on the IBM's
website for the static implementation files so that my preSet and
postSet methods basically do this:

public static boolean preSet(...){
  return true;

public static void postSet(XmlObject xo, ...){

Is this happening because po_one.set(po_two) isn't really changing
anything about po_one except what it's pointing to in memory?

Thank you,
Bryan Worrell

Bryan Worrell
The MITRE Corporation