xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Garth Patil" <garthpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] XmlBeans 2.3.0 Release
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 05:12:31 GMT
Hi All,
I am not voter, but I really think a fix should be included for this
bug before a 2.3.0 release is made:
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@xmlbeans.apache.org/msg02042.html
Given that a corruption of the Piccolo parser is not recoverable
without a restart, it appears to be a pretty critical flaw. The patch
I submitted  takes a pretty blunt approach to the problem, by just
assuming that the Piccolo instance is unusable if the parse() method
throws any kind of exception. I don't know if this is the "right"
solution, but I have been using it in production since March, and
haven't seen the fatal parser corruption problem again.
In any case, thanks for all the great work everyone has done to get
this release ready!
Best,
Garth

On 5/17/07, Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <radup@bea.com> wrote:
> Please vote on the release of XmlBeans 2.3.0 as it currently exists on
> http://xmlbeans.apache.org/dist as xmlbeans-2.3.0-RC3*. If the vote
> turns out positive, these archives are going to become the final release
> and be renamed to xmlbeans-2.3.0*, then signed and uploaded to the
> download servers.
>
> Everyone is welcome to make their opinion heard, however the only
> binding votes are those of commiters and PMC members. In order for the
> vote to pass, we need a majority approval and at least three binding +1
> votes.
>
> This vote will end Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007 (End Of Day), so make sure to
> cast your vote by then as follows:
>
> [ ] +1  -  I am in favor of this release, and can help
> [ ] +0  -  I am in favor of this release, but cannot help
> [ ] -0  -  I am not in favor of this release
> [ ] -1  -  I am against this proposal (must include a reason)
>
> Radu
>
> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.