xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Cezar Andrei" <ce...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Outputing XML beans
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:59:54 GMT
In your case only the first sentence applies. The rest of java doc talks
about the general case, when the parameter's schema type can be a
subtype of this.schemaType(), so the java instance has to change in
order to have the right type, so the new one will be returned.

This dance is required because unlike in Schema, in java world once you
have an instance you can't change its class.

Cezar

________________________________

From: Hacking Bear [mailto:hackingbear@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 8:51 PM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Re: Outputing XML beans

Hi Cezar,

This way works and I will switch to this approach.

I see now that's because RequestType represents the (complex content)
type of the Request element. This is definitely hard to be grasped by
beginner.

By the way, the use of soapBody.set(XmlObject) is different from what
the javadoc describes this method:

<http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/reference/org/apache/xmlbeans/Xml
Object.html>
XmlObject
<http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/reference/org/apache/xmlbeans/Xml
Object.html>  set(XmlObject
<http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/reference/org/apache/xmlbeans/Xml
Object.html>  srcObj)

Set the value/type of this XmlObject to be a copy of the source
XmlObject. Because the type of the source may be different than this
target, this XmlObject may become defunct. In this case the new
XmlObject is returned. If no type change happens, the same this will be
returned.

If I understand this javadoc right, the soapBody ("this xmlObject")
would become an (SAML) Request object or defunct, but the actual
behavior is not that and is in fact more desirable (than the behavior
described by its javadoc.)

- HB