xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Hacking Bear" <hackingb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Outputing XML beans
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 02:51:17 GMT
Hi Cezar,

This way works and I will switch to this approach.

I see now that's because RequestType represents the (complex content) type
of the Request element. This is definitely hard to be grasped by beginner.

By the way, the use of soapBody.set(XmlObject) is different from what the
javadoc describes this method:

XmlObject <http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/reference/org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlObject.html>
*set*(XmlObject
<http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/reference/org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlObject.html>
srcObj)

Set the value/type of this XmlObject to be a copy of the source XmlObject.
Because the type of the source may be different than this target, this
XmlObject may become defunct. In this case the new XmlObject is returned. If
no type change happens, the same this will be returned.

If I understand this javadoc right, the soapBody ("this xmlObject") would
become an (SAML) Request object or defunct, but the actual behavior is not
that and is in fact more desirable (than the behavior described by its
javadoc.)

- HB