xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Ewout Graswinckel" <ew...@x-hive.com>
Subject Instantiating a section of an xml document
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:12:29 GMT

I'd like to know if it's possible to instantiate only a single node from a
document. I'm using an xml database to return a node from some document
using xquery/xpath. Once I have that node I'd like to use xmlbeans to easily
access it.

So far I've come up with this:

Class 'Block' represents the block element in the xml.

Node n =
Block block = (Block) XmlBeans.getContextTypeLoader().parse(n, Block.type,
assertEquals("abc", block.getSomething()); // block.getSomething() == null

This doesn't give any exceptions, but calling block.getSomething() simply
returns null.

I can get it to work if I let my query return an <xml-fragment> element
instead of <block>, but this is not desired in my case. Is there a better
way to do this?