xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Radu Preotiuc-Pietro" <ra...@bea.com>
Subject RE: XMLBeans and memory leaks [RE: Memory Leak Problems in v1.0.1 w/selectPath()]
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:40:47 GMT
I feel like I need to stress the fact that here we are talking about V1-specific code that
has been rewritten for V2, which is part of the reason there are less resources available
for supporting it.

Radu

-----Original Message-----
From: Girish Bhatia [mailto:bhatiagirish@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 3:30 PM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Re: XMLBeans and memory leaks [RE: Memory Leak Problems in
v1.0.1 w/selectPath()]

Radu,

I was also planning to use XmlBeans in one of our upcoming projects,
but hearing about XmlBeans' memory leak make me little uncomfortable.
Isn't it something that should be fixed in the base release of
XmlBeans, else the same bug can be moved into V2 ??

Though, I do understand that enough resources may not be available to
work on this issue, Memory leak do sound to me a high priority issue.

Initially, I got the impression that memory leak is only related to
SelectPath() method, but after Dima's mail, it seems to be a generic
issue.

Dima, Venkat, Do you have any patch for this that you have tried. I
would like to get that too.

Appreicate all your help.

- Girish