xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Chad Small" <Chad.Sm...@definityhealth.com>
Subject RE: scomp NullPointerException in getIndexForLocalElement
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:00:56 GMT
That fixed that problem - thanks Kevin!  I did have are minOccurs and
maxOccurs in the schema.

Now new problem related to this.

We are still on jdk1.3 (will not upgrade until spring '05) and I would
like to use the ported V1 XMLBeans jdk1.3 version.  But you guessed it,
I grabbed that source branch, compiled, and then received the same
NullPointerException problem.  I guess the V1 jdk1.3 branch was not
updated with Kevin's fix.

So I guess my question is how might I find the code fix that I can
compile into the V1 jdk1.3 version?

thanks,
chad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Krouse [mailto:kkrouse@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:29 PM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: RE: scomp NullPointerException in getIndexForLocalElement

Hi Chad,

I fixed a bug in v1 after the 1.0.3 release.  Can you try getting the
latest version of v1 from cvs and recompiling?

The problem, if I remember correctly, is you have an anonymous type that
has minOccurs=maxOccurs=0.  It should look something like this:

<xs:element name="root">
  <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="a" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="0">
        <!-- this is the anonymous type -->
        <xs:simpleType>
          <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
        </xs:simpleType>