xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: special characters replacement 'error' ??
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:11:02 GMT
The selection of which characters to escape takes place in the saver,
and there are only a couple which are required.  I could see an option
to the saver for specifying how characters should be escaped, but there
may be reasonable workarounds, like post processing the output text.  If
anything, I would add an option which allows one to participate in the
saving process.  In particular, an option which would allow one to take
over entitizing content.

- Eric

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dmitri.Colebatch@toyota.com.au
> [mailto:Dmitri.Colebatch@toyota.com.au]
> Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 5:35 PM
> To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
> Cc: dev@xmlbeans.apache.org
> Subject: RE: special characters replacement 'error' ??
> 
> Gary,
> 
> I've cc'd the dev list with this response in the hope that one of the
> developers could confirm that this is simply an area that hasn't been
> implemented.  I've had a bit of a look through and I assume XMLChar is
the
> class that would need to change (that's where the ampersand is deemed
> 'special').  To the developers - any reason that the specialChar array
> couldn't me mutable at runtime so users could determine which
characters
> they would like escaped?  I don't know enough about its usage, and if
its
> used at compile time then obviously it wouldn't be quite that
simple...
> 
> cheers
> dim
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gs@smm.de [mailto:gs@smm.de]
> Sent: Monday, 6 September 2004 5:54 PM
> To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
> Subject: RE: special characters replacement 'error' ??
> 
> Hi Dim,
> 
> thank you for your support !
> 
> The first thing I tried was to assign the string with german umlauts.
> 
> As far as I can figure out XmlBeans is not able to replace them with
their
> entity counterparts - I did not find an option to do so.
> 
> Disappointed by this behaviour I coded this small method to translate
my
> stuff.
> 
> The only thing XmlBeans replaces is the ampersand - and I really have
no
> idea how to change this behaviour :(
> 
> In the meantime I tried JAXB - umpf ... nasty stuff ;)
> 
> JAXB is able to translate my xsd-file into java files ... but the
getter
> and setter methods supplied are kind of 'nasty' and parsing of a xml
file
> seems to be impossible :( Have to do some further testing with this.
> 
> So till now I stuck with this part of my application ... seems as if I
> have to use 'good old' DOM ...
> 
> Bye,
> Gary
> 
> 
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> -----------------------
> 
> I don't know the specifics of how to do what you're trying to do, but
the
> fact that an umlaut is represented as "& szlig;" is something that
> XMLBeans should be doing, not you.  When you call the setter, what you
are
> doing is saying the value of this element (/attribute) is "stra&
szlig;e",
> XMLBeans then goes - hey, '&' needs to be escaped, and does so.  You
> should be setting the value as the real value - I don't know if
XMLBeans
> supports encoding umlauts or not, will let one of the developers
answer
> that.
> 
> cheers
> dim
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org
> 
> 
> ######################################################################
> DISCLAIMER:
> This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.
> If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to copy
> or disclose all or any part of it without the prior written consent
> of Toyota.
> 
> Opinions expressed in this email and any attachment are those of the
> sender and not necessarily the opinions of Toyota.
> Please scan this email and any attachment for viruses.
> Toyota does not accept any responsibility for problems
> caused by viruses, whether it is Toyota's fault or not.
> ######################################################################
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org


Mime
View raw message