xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: special characters replacement 'error' ??
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:05:16 GMT
The XmlBeans saver escapes only those characters required by the XML
specification.  There is no option to allow one to get involved in the
process of saving in this way.  You might try, however, post processing
the output stream, performing the replacements yourself.

- Eric

> -----Original Message-----
> From: gs@smm.de [mailto:gs@smm.de]
> Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 12:54 AM
> To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
> Subject: RE: special characters replacement 'error' ??
> 
> Hi Dim,
> 
> thank you for your support !
> 
> The first thing I tried was to assign the string with german umlauts.
> 
> As far as I can figure out XmlBeans is not able to replace them with
their
> entity counterparts - I did not find an option to do so.
> 
> Disappointed by this behaviour I coded this small method to translate
my
> stuff.
> 
> The only thing XmlBeans replaces is the ampersand - and I really have
no
> idea how to change this behaviour :(
> 
> In the meantime I tried JAXB - umpf ... nasty stuff ;)
> 
> JAXB is able to translate my xsd-file into java files ... but the
getter
> and setter methods supplied are kind of 'nasty' and parsing of a xml
file
> seems to be impossible :( Have to do some further testing with this.
> 
> So till now I stuck with this part of my application ... seems as if I
> have
> to use 'good old' DOM ...
> 
> Bye,
> Gary
> 
> 
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> -----------------------
> 
> I don't know the specifics of how to do what you're trying to do, but
the
> fact that an umlaut is represented as "& szlig;" is something that
> XMLBeans should be doing, not you.  When you call the setter, what you
are
> doing is saying the value of this element (/attribute) is "stra&
szlig;e",
> XMLBeans then goes - hey, '&' needs to be escaped, and does so.  You
> should be setting the value as the real value - I don't know if
XMLBeans
> supports encoding umlauts or not, will let one of the developers
answer
> that.
> 
> cheers
> dim
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org


Mime
View raw message