xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jacob Danner (JIRA)" <xmlbeans-...@xml.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (XMLBEANS-329) Problems with ADB Client and XMLBeans Service
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 00:48:24 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-329?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Jacob Danner resolved XMLBEANS-329.
-----------------------------------

    Resolution: Duplicate

Hey all,
I've been investigating this issue, but my knowledge of Axis2 is limited. I do not believe
this problem to be related to XmlBeans directly. Everything in CodeGenerationUtility.java
appears to look okay to me, I'm trying to figure out how the XmlbeansDatabindingTemplate.xsl
is being used as thats the next logical place to look (AFAICT). 

What I've found is that when XmlBeans is used standalone, this issue does not occur. When
the XmlObject in question is built in an Axis WebMethod, the resulting output is missing the
xsi:type attributes necesary to make this web service work as expected.

I think this issue should be tracked by:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2578
so I'm resolving this issue as duplicate.

> Problems with ADB Client and XMLBeans Service
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: XMLBEANS-329
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-329
>             Project: XMLBeans
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Binding
>    Affects Versions: Version 2.2
>         Environment: Windows XP SP2, Axis 2 1.2, Java 1.6
>            Reporter: Jorge Fernández
>         Assigned To: Jacob Danner
>         Attachments: API.wsdl, ClientXmlBeans.java, CodeGenerationUtility.java
>
>
> This JIRA is related with the message from the axis-user mailing list "Issue with ADB
and parsing a response message (namespaces)"
> I couldn't reproduce the problem I described in that email but when I fixed that problem
I found another one and this is which I'm reporting.
> First, some introduction.
> In my response message there is an array of  Stages which have one or more Configurations.
Each Configuration has AbstractParameters and PrimitiveParameters (that inherit from Parameter).
Also each Parameter may depend on other so the class Parameter has an array of Parameter called
dependencies.
> My problem happens only if I have ADB at client side and XMLBeans at service side. Any
other combination works perfectly. (I attach the wsdl and client and service for both databindings).
> When my ADB client parses the response message, it enters Stage.Factory.parse method,
then it enters, Configuration.Factory.parse method. Next, AbstractParameter.Factory.parse
method (because the first parameter is abstract) and later it want to parse the dependencies
of this parameter so it enters Parameter.Factory.parse method. Here, there is a PrimitiveParameter
with no dependencies on oher parameters so it enters Signal.Factory.parse method for getting
signal dependencies. It returns ok
> Finally, the problem comes out when after getting SignalDependencies from this PrimitiveParameter,
it gets the Type element which is in the Parameter class and now there is the gain element
that is part of PrimitiveParameter and not of his parent. so it throws an exception because
it didn't expect it.
> Hope this explanation could be useful but if not, the wsdl could be.
> I refer you to JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2578 
> That JIRA is the same as this one. I reported it as an ADB bug but as you can see there,
finally the problem seems to be xmlbeans. You can also find there the files to reproduce the
JIRA.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@xmlbeans.apache.org


Mime
View raw message