xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Request for GSoC project ideas
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:58:57 GMT

First of all, thank you for your interest in XmlBeans and sorry for
taking this long to respond.

As one of the committers on XmlBeans, I think that we absolutely need to
improve on one thing: making sure that we have documents regarding what
we and the community in general see as useful additions to XmlBeans or
new directions to explore. We used to have this for XmlBeans 2.0, but
those became obsolete some time ago and we never replaced them.

That being said, one thing that comes to mind that I have seen a lot of
people interested in was Hibernate integration. It seems that there are
a few places in our Java code generation strategy where the decisions
that we originally made don't align well with the JavaBeans standard and
as such make it difficult to achieve integration with Hibernate.

Having someone look into detail into that and make the necessary changes
in the Java code generator would be great and very useful to a number of
users, if the amount of mailing-list traffic about this is any
indication. So this would seem an interesting project to work on.