xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Anthony Knights" <anthony.knig...@db.com>
Subject Feature Request for XMLBeans Version 2
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:19:26 GMT
I have recently been working with XMLBeans and (independently) Spring using Hibernate for persistence.

In a prototype for a new system component I though it would be nice to try and use all 3 technologies
together to provide a seamless XML -> Java Object -> DB -> Java Object -> XML
data flow.

This would allow me to define my data-structure using XML schemas and to generate the rest
of the related code using the various tools:
      Generate the Java Objects using XMLBeans
      Generate the DB DDL using Hibernate

The idea of being able to strongly define my data model using the rich syntax of XML schemas
and employing a 'write once, generate everything else' approach seemed highly appealing.
There has, however, been a drawback to this:

The XMLBeans SchemaCompiler class does not provide default, no-args constructors for the generated
classes.  A default, no-arg constructor is required for each and every object that is to be
persisted with Hibernate.
I am therefore asking if it would be possible for Version 2 of XMLBeans to support an option
for creating no-arg constructors in the generated classes.  This would make for very nice
integration with the open-source Spring and Hibernate frameworks.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Kind regards,

Anthony Knights

Derivatives Trade Capture Services