xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: xmlbeans features
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:45:25 GMT
The answers to all your questions is: yes.  With respect to #2 - there
is a new feature which gives you the ability to specify interfaces and
their implementations which generated XmlObjects will implement.  I
think this went into v1 recently.

- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Faraz Khan [mailto:intrepidfaraz@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 7:15 AM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: xmlbeans features

Hi.
 I was just wondering if you guys could help me answer a few questions.
The thing is, I am trying to evaluate XMLBeans against some other
technologies that attempt to do similar stuff.
I was wondering if XML beans conforms to these benchmarks..Most others
do not even come close. I think XMLBeans looks by far the best.

1> Does it produce equivalent content after a round trip, XML -> JAva ->
XML.

2> Does it allow addition of semantics(behaviour) to any generated
class, without
losing the semantics when re-generating classes.

3> Does it support xsi:type

4> Does it support wildcards, both for elements and attributes?

5> Does it support list and union?

6> Does it support substitution group?

I am going to try most of these things out, but any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Faraz.
  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http:/promotions.yahoo.com/new_ma
il/static/protection.html> .