xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Dutta Satadip <s-du...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: CVS Write Access questions
Date Sun, 16 May 2004 08:50:19 GMT

Hello,
Unfortunately.. I am still having problems writing to
the repository.

I re-checked my public key in my home/.ssh directory
and after ftping the public key again, I was able to
use putty to connect to cvs.apache.org without any
password prompts.

Since I have the session saved, I was able to use the
saved session to test plink to connect and create a
test file, without any interaction.

The above two tests seem to indicate that the ssh
authentication does work correctly.

To check out the xml-xmlbeans module from wincvs1.2 .
I followed the directions as mentioned in the emails
previously however I still kept getting the same
messages about requiring the password-
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response
Password:' from cvs server

So I followed the instructions written in the putty
docs .

I changed the CVS root to
:ext:dutta@cvs_apache_pk:/home/cvs

Where cvs_apache_pk = saved session

Authentication = ssh
ports rsh = plink

The CVS checkout worked out fine. However when I try
to write something to the repository I am still
getting the

cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access
to the repository

If anyone has any clues, please let me know.
Alek/Berin your comments/suggestions were really
helpful.

With Regards
Dutta:)