xmlbeans-cxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committer
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:32:31 GMT
Hi Rafal,

I believe Ken has offered to help with this part.  He should be able
to send out an account creation request now that the ASF's receipt of
your CLA has been recorded
(http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas).

However, please see a couple notes I want to point out below.

(more below)

On 10/10/06, Rafal Rusin <rr@touk.pl> wrote:
> Actually I was chosen to be a committer here:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlbeans-dev/200603.mbox/%3CD486606E7AD20947BDB7E56862E04C3901A1025C@cvo1.cvo.roguewave.com%3E

Yes -- your name on this accepted proposal is what entitles you to
have commit rights.  See more on this topic in response to your
comments below.

But the better email archive link is
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlbeans-dev/200609.mbox/%3cc5e632550609201109t2dae699emf6dbeccfdc7bcbf4@mail.gmail.com%3e.
 This is post that declared the vote to be successful and also
includes the proposal.  I point this out because this is the link that
will be used to show our infrastructure people why they should create
an account.

(more below)

> Rafal Rusin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to ask for a voting for beeing a committer for xmlbeanscxx.
> > I'm from TouK company and I'm designated by Tomasz Wielga to put code
> > into apache SVN and then develop.

I just want to make sure you understand that the sentence above is of
no concern to anyone at Apache.  In other words, you are either a
committer because you were part of the incoming proposal or because
(the more common way), you've earned the right to be a committer based
on your own *individual* contributions and not due to anything to do
with your employer or who has designated you to do anything.

Since you are on the initial proposal, this will be taken care of, but
I just want to make it clear to you and any other new folks reading
this list that company affiliation has nothing to do with it.

If you have other questions about how this works at Apache, feel free
to ask for clarification on this list.  I'd also encourage you to
subscribe to the general@incubator list, where these topics are often
discussed.

Cliff