xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject FW: Entire XML in memory?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:09:37 GMT
Forwarding to the user alias.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Vasilik
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 2:02 PM
To: 'xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Entire XML in memory?

In v1, the document exists entirely in memory.  In v2, I am making the
xml store backend pluggable so that one may provide alternate backends
with different characteristics.  In addition to a high performance,
in-memory store (the default), I will make a memory mapped backend which
stores the XML in a memory mapped file and does not consume VM memory
proportional to the size of the XML being worked on which will allow one
to load very large documents.  I can imagine backends which
incrementally load parts of a document.

This architecture is very much incomplete and in flux.  Unless you want
to be chasing my changes, I would give it a few months.

- Eric