xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From Toby H Ferguson <toby.h.fergu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Removing the Namespace from each Tag
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:00:49 GMT
I too tried this example and it didn't work. Here's what I had in the
.xsd, .xsdconfig files (eponn.xsd, eponn.xsdconfig, respectively)

<xs:schema
<xs:element name="top" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:schema>

<xb:config xmlns:xb="http://www.bea.com/2002/09/xbean/config">
  <xb:namespace uri="">
    <xb:package>com.easypo</xb:package>
  </xb:namespace>
</xb:config>

Here's the execution trace:

$ scomp eponn.xsd eponn.xsdconfig  -src eponnsrc
Time to build schema type system: 2.884 seconds
Time to generate code: 0.22 seconds
Time to compile code: 2.874 seconds
Compiled types to: xmltypes.jar
$ ls eponnsrc
noNamespace
schema

So this didn't seem to work. Any clues what's wrong?

Toby

David Remy wrote:

>>But with XMLBeans when i'm doing the schema it makes me put the
>>namespace in as if I don't it puts it in noNameSpace for the package.
>>

>Lance, are you wanting to do this because of the package name?  If so there is another
approach which is to use the xsdconfig to map from nonamespace to another package name.  To
do this just create a file (in the same directory as the schema probably) ending in .xsdconfig
and put something like the following in the file: