xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitri.Coleba...@toyota.com.au
Subject RE: Committers
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 02:20:14 GMT
As I see it, its not about unwanted discussion, rather about the ability
to talk freely without fear of offending a potential committer.  For my
(worthless) 2c, I wouldn't have any objection to the committers discussing
this privately.

Of course 99% of the time its not an issue.

cheers
dim

-----Original Message-----
From: eliot@cs.umass.edu [mailto:eliot@cs.umass.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 August 2004 10:34 AM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Committers

The discussion is interesting to this lurker and the delete button is easy
to hit.

--
Prof. Christopher Eliot
Department of Computer Science

On Aug 3, 2004, at 7:32 PM, David Remy wrote:

> i see your point.  in incubation we had the committer discussion and
> vote on the dev list but we don't have to stay that way.  it does seem
> like committership is a decision made primarily by the committers
> themselves (and project management committee makes sense too) and
> discussions about this may not be particularly interesting or
> appropriate to others on the dev list.  given that i would lean toward
> the dicussion and vote being done in the pmc ...  others want to weigh
> in on this?

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to copy
or disclose all or any part of it without the prior written consent
of Toyota.

Opinions expressed in this email and any attachment are those of the
sender and not necessarily the opinions of Toyota.
Please scan this email and any attachment for viruses.
Toyota does not accept any responsibility for problems
caused by viruses, whether it is Toyota's fault or not.