xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uploading jars to ASF java repository [WAS Re: Maven]
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:18:00 GMT
On 13 Jul 2004, at 00:24, Cezar Andrei wrote:

<snip>

>>> i can easily execute the upload for the jars (or provide
>> instructions
>>> for a volunteer with minotaur karma which includes all xmlbeans
>>> committers) but permission for the xml-bean pmc would be required
>>> before i could execute.
>>>

>>> 2. would someone else like to jump in to execute?
>>
>> I'll volunteer, but it would be great if another committer would
>> volunteer as well.  I'd rather not be the only one holding the
>> secret knowledge of the ibiblio process. ;-)   Actually, we're
>> only talking about uploading the .jar to a particular directory,
>> right?
>
> I'll be happy to help.

cool.

it is only uploading the jar to a particular place on minotaur. the jar
will then be rsync'd over to the mirrors (including ibiblio). the needs
to be have a numbered version in it's name (something like
xmlbean-1.0.4.jar) and an md5 sum plus a pgp compatible signature
should be prepared for it (since the signature will only be checked by
infrastructure there's no real need to have it signed by someone with
loads of apache counter-sigs but it needs to appear in one of the KEYS
files).

these need to be placed together into the
/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/xmlbeans/jars/ directory on
minotaur (www.apache.org).

in the medium term, there were plans afoot to increase the amount of
information provided but since there's no documentation and the repo
list seems very quiet right, it's probably good enough to just upload
the jars.

BTW this is something that the requires pmc approval. it's probably
easier next time just to include this in the release plan and have it
approved as part of that process.

- robert