xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: xmlbeans xml security
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 06:32:20 GMT
David Waite wrote:

> Where are these test cases located? I had trouble finding them from the
> w3c site.

Have a look in the data directory in the xml-security cvs module.

The really interesting cases are actually the merlin xml-signature tests
that have some great c14n and excl c14n node-set stuff.

>> For full document canonicalisation, I cannot easily think of a
>> document where the canonicalised form would not be valid if the input
>> document was valid (maybe exclusive c14n where default namespaces
>> attributes were discuarded?).  C14n is really just a strongly defined
>> serialisation routine.
> Exclusive canonicalization will only discard prefix->namespace mappings
> if they are already declared in-scope they are declared on elements
> which aren't in the node-set, and aren't used on child element names or
> their attribute names included in the node set.

Sorry I worded my potential example badly.  I meant a case where the
DTD/Schema defined a default attribute that was a xmlns attribute that
was then discarded from the c14n when the namespace wasn't actually used
anywhere.  But thinking about it, the c14n would still be valid as the
xmlns attribute is a default so will get added back in on parse with DTD.

So ignore it - apologies, random thought gone wrong.