xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From kkr...@lkwd.com
Subject Re: moving JAM to org.apache.jam
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:47:35 GMT
+1 by me

--                                                             --
Ken Kress
Information Technology
Lockwood®
10 Valley Stream Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: (484) 605-4834
Fax: (484) 595-5700
Email: kkress@lkwd.com

Patrick Calahan <pcal@bea.com>
03/18/2004 02:22 PM
Please respond to xmlbeans-dev

        To:     xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        moving JAM to org.apache.jam

Hey all.  I am exploring the possibility of moving JAM into it's own
package space, e.g. 'org.apache.jam.'  I'd like to bring it up out of the
bowels of the xbeans impl because it is proving to be a useful technology
to other projects.  For example,  Cedric Beust already has two open source

projects which he has converted to JAM, including the widely-used EJBgen:

   http://www.beust.com/ejbgen
   http://www.beust.com/sgen

It's a little awkward to ask people to keep importing
'org.apache.xmlbean.impl.jam' for something that (from their perspective)
doesn't have anything to do with xbeans.

I'm assuming that the powers-that-be at Apache can't have people just
claiming package names at will, so I am going to bring this up with the
incubator group (or whomever is appropriate).  Before I do, though, I just

wanted to ping everyone here to make sure they think this seems ok.

Thanks,
-p