xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Calahan <p...@bea.com>
Subject moving JAM to org.apache.jam
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:22:08 GMT
Hey all.  I am exploring the possibility of moving JAM into it's own
package space, e.g. 'org.apache.jam.'  I'd like to bring it up out of the
bowels of the xbeans impl because it is proving to be a useful technology
to other projects.  For example,  Cedric Beust already has two open source
projects which he has converted to JAM, including the widely-used EJBgen:

   http://www.beust.com/ejbgen
   http://www.beust.com/sgen

It's a little awkward to ask people to keep importing
'org.apache.xmlbean.impl.jam' for something that (from their perspective)
doesn't have anything to do with xbeans.

I'm assuming that the powers-that-be at Apache can't have people just
claiming package names at will, so I am going to bring this up with the
incubator group (or whomever is appropriate).  Before I do, though, I just
wanted to ping everyone here to make sure they think this seems ok.

Thanks,
-p