xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Calahan <p...@bea.com>
Subject uptodate checking in build.xml
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:33:07 GMT
Hey all.  At some point not too long ago, someone added a bunch of uptodate
checks in the build.xml file.  I can't tell who offhand from the cvs log,
but I'm wondering if this is something we really need.  My objections are:

- It adds a lot of complexity to the build script

- The payoff for that complexity is fairly minimal, since it only takes a
couple of minutes to do a full clean build anyway

- It doesn't seem to be working for me (I make change in my idea and rerun
the ant target, yet it refuses to recognize that the sources are out of date).

- I really hate the uncertainty that this introduces.  When I make a change
and then rerun the regression tests, I want to be sure that my changes are
taking.  In fact, I'm even willing to wait an extra 3 seconds to get that
certainty.  :)

-p