xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Radu Preotiuc-Pietro" <ra...@bea.com>
Subject RE: JAXB vs JAX-RPC conventions for Schema name to Java name
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:22:37 GMT
My bad, the lossy model is definitely not a jaxb implementation. I meant it follows JAX-RPC,
not jaxb.

Radu

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Ziegler
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 11:20 AM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: JAXB vs JAX-RPC conventions for Schema name to Java name

I think we should use the more sensible JAXB rules as default, but
provide an option for a strict interpretation of JAX-RPC's naming
rules.  Also I just want to clarify that the lossy model is not a JAXB
impl but rather something similiar in philosophy.

--Scott

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 15:55, Radu Preotiuc-Pietro wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was reviewing the "Mapping of XML Names" section of both these specs and noticed that
they are contradictory and moreover JAX-RPC seems to be broken in this area, since the examples
of conversion from XML Name to Java Name that they give do not match the conversion rules.
> In particular, the handling of class or method names which contain (in XML) the '_' character
is different.
> XMLBeans v1 uses the JAXB conventions. Two questions arise:
> 1. Should XMLBeans v2 "lossy" model (which implements jaxb) and "non-lossy" model (similar
to XmlBeans v1) share the same naming conversion rules?