xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: XmlBeans, WSDL, SOAP arrays, ...
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:56:47 GMT
Matt Bishop wrote:

>>this sounds wonderful but right now i have enough headaches trying to
>>figure out how to write WSDL2Java that would use XmlBeans generated Java
>>types if available (i want generate Java interface based on WSDL
>>PortType with message parts mapped to Java classes)  and be flexible to
>>allow code generation even if some of types are not from XmlBeans
>>compiled XML Schemas ... then use dynamic proxy and do typical magic to
>>dynamically create stub and invoke in runtime web service using
>>information from WSDL :-)
>>

>Sounds like you need weblogic 8.1, buddy.

so what i am after is to have a full "start from WSDL" scenario working
i.e. WSDL2Java that will locate XmlBeans generated Java types and put
them in signatures of generated Java interface. how would wl81 help me
with it? wouldnt it be like using a tactical nuke to kill a fly? does
wl81 have a free WSDL2Java interface generator that uses Apache XmlBeans
v1 and can be easily customized to output DOM Node (or anything i want)
for not bound wsdl:message parts?

as far as runtime execution environment i already did write something
like that (initial version of http://ws.apache.org/wsif/ and XSOAP1)
however i would like to have a complete and well integrated XML Schema
support and it seems it may be possible with XmlBeans (?!). well  if not
i will hack source code or use different tool :)

best,

alek