xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: v1: efficient detecting if XML can be mapped to XmlPbject ...
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:32:02 GMT
Eric Vasilik wrote:

>It is a bit more complicated than this.  Take a look at
>org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Root.autoTypedDocument for the
>implementation which associates the SchemaType with an instance.
>
>Basically, this function looks for a document type if there is a single
>document element at the root.  If there is a single attribute at the
>root, then an attribute document type is looked up.  If there is an
>xsi:type associated with the root (the container of a document element),
>then a global type is looked up.
>
>If your document being parsed is not a fragment and is well formed, then
>simply looking for a document type is sufficient:
>
>    XmlBeans.getContextTypeLoader().findDocumentType( QName )

hi Eric,

thanks for the answer.

however in my case i need to deal with XML fragments as i want to bind
SOAP Body parts to XmlObjects if the binding can be done. so in this
case i guess findElement() would work as it find global element names?
including document types or i should call both?

also AFAIU i an do getFullJavaName() on the result to find what is
mapped name of Java class implementing XML Schemas type?

thanks,

alek