xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bau" <david...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: XmlCalendar to java.util.Date with Julian dates
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:37:39 GMT
> 1) Is this a real problem and do we care?

Not a real problem.  We and XML Schema use "proleptic"
gregorian calendar represenations which doen't take
historical quirks into account.  Java uses a "historical"
calendar.  They're just different, and they're expected to
represent dates differently before 1584.

> 2) Should we take into account this Julian/Gregorian

I think as-is (the way you've described it) is the way it
should be.

> 3) Should we sub-class java.util.Date in xmlbeans and

Naw, just give'em a plain Date.

> to me, this feels by design and more or less a problem
with the JDK.

+1

My vote is to leave this aspect of our date handling as-is.