xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: v2 XMLStreamReader namespace issue
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:30:09 GMT

through the XMLStreamReader to reflect more well formed, "correct" XML
document.

- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: David Waite [mailto:mass@akuma.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 9:46 PM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: v2 XMLStreamReader namespace issue

One issue I have encountered using the XMLStreamReader support in v2 is
that namespaces are not created in the process, so prefixes and
namespaces default to null for all elements.

  My current test is rather simple, it creates an XMLEventWriter,
creates an XMLStreamReader off of an XMLObject and wraps that up in an
XMLEventReader, and calls writer.add , passing in the event reader. The
StAX implementation used is the 0.7 reference implementation by BEA.
With the change from before it appears that the document now finishes
output, but without any namespaces.

Is there any workaround for this effect I can do in my code? This seems
related to the recent "YAP - Prefix Tracking" thread.

-David Waite