xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xmlbeans status report
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:58:49 GMT
On Jan 16, 2004, at 3:18 PM, David Remy wrote:

> Incubation seems to be going well with one, albeit an important one,
> challenge of getting outside committers.  Having a large existing
> codebase in a fairly complicated area makes it challenging.  The
> growing user community and the excellent posts that we are getting on
> the xmbleans-dev list make us optimistic we will make some break
> throughts in the next period.

I think there are probably people who want to contribute to (and make
more use of) xmlbeans but you nailed it -- it is big, sophisticated,
and not working with a well-understood (by most people in positions to
contribute) technology.

I have plans for using xmlbeans, and hope to be able to contribute back
once I start actually using it for more than testing out my
understanding of schemas, but this whole xsd thing takes a while to get
really comfortable with =)

-Brian