xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: xmlbeans status report
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:30:52 GMT
David Remy wrote on Saturday, January 17, 2004 9:56 AM:

> awhile back (Oct 03)i put a distribution on the mirrors of xmlbeans
> v1.0 but there were some minor issues on naming (i called it
> 'incubated-xmlbeans-1.0.0' and i think others thought
> 'incubating-xmlbeans...' would be better).  Somewhere in that
> scenario i got sidetracked and we never followed up and posted to the
> website.  I know some people have found it (you can actually google
> it) and emailed me about it.  The master distribution directory for
> it is:  http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xmlbeans/ but it is also on
> the mirrors.

I am more to blame here than anyone.  I had started to coordinate
getting the right disclaimer notice in the readme, getting the filename
right, and finally getting the right people to agree to do it.  I did
get the right readme file checked in (see
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xmlbeans/v1/README.txt and also
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xmlbeans/v1/xkit/README.txt), but
it isn't part of the builds that Remy posted to above.

Can someone rebuild this with the latest version of the README.txt files
(with the disclaimer at the top), rename the "incubated" part of the
filename to "incubating", and replace the version that Remy is pointing
to?

Meanwhile, I'll catch up on the latest guidelines for who needs to sign
off on this and what else may need to be done.  It's slightly changed
over the last month or two with the formation of PPMCs (another short-
term thing I've volunteered to take care of).  I'll have more info in
the next 6-12 hours and let everyone know what else needs to be done in
order to put the link on the site.

> I believe Kevin Krouse is thinking of posting an xmlbeans-1.0.1 that
> incorporates the recent bug fixes.  Perhaps we could use that as a
> motivation to get this going again.  Kevin I can help you through
> that process if you are motivated to get xmlbeans-1.0.1 all packaged
> (binary and source).

Kevin, how close do you think we are from having something we could
call 1.0.1 actually built?  If you think we would have something in the
next couple days, we could post both of these at the same time.
Otherwise, we should probably just make sure we've got at least one
thing up there.  (I just don't want to call a vote on posting the 1.0
release and then again with the 1.0.1 release a few days later).

Thanks,
Cliff