xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Remy" <dr...@bea.com>
Subject Bugzilla to Jira?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:57:33 GMT
I have noticed that many of the new apache projects are using jira (http://nagoya.apache.org/jira)
rather than bugzilla. Just glancing at it it seems a lot cleaner and more functional. We do
not have very many bugs in bugzilla yet so it would be a good time to migrate if we want to.

Although I have limited knowledge on this, so based on that alone someone could vote -1, I
propose we vote on moving from xmlbeans bug/issue tracking from bugzilla to jira. Since I
think this is new to all of this how about if we end the vote a week from today, Thurs, Jan
29 (unless all committers vote earlier I guess)?

If we do this it would be great to get a volunteer to help move the bugs over to jira. Also
we need to work on our bug management process, perhaps a proposal/description for how bugs
will go through different stages to being fixed (we need this regardless of jira) . Also there
are other capabilities of jira that look interesting such as feature tracking, it would be
interesting to see if we could incorporate our planning into jira ... Kevin, you have been
doing a lot of helpful work around v1 bugs would you be interested in working on this (assuming
we go forward with it)?

Anyone comments pro or con on jira would be welcome.

rem