xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Cezar Andrei" <ce...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Jaxen and xmlbeans v1
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:00:26 GMT
Dave, see my comments below.

> From: Dave Smith [mailto:dizzyd@jabber.org]
> I've interested to know if there is any interest or desire to
> have the
> Jaxen support currently in the v2 branch backported to v1.
> Personally,
> I need some alternative to the xqrl.jar currently in use by the v1
> branch. Before I go through the trouble of moving the code from v2 to
> v1, though, I'd like to see if that's a good or bad idea (at least in
> the eyes of the core devs on the project). From what I
> understand v2 is
> still in flux, and I am building something that needs to be
> on a solid
> foundation in the next few months.

There is quite a bit of interest in having xpath and if possible xquery support in v1.
Porting the code from v2 in v1 should be still quite easy. When the new store will kick in,
some changes might be needed in this area.

> Additionally, what's the interest level in having a pluggable system
> for integrating with other xpath engines?

Pluggability is desired but performance comes first.

> Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. I'd also note that
> I'm glad to put in some work where necessary to move v2 along.

This checkin added xpath support using jaxen in the v2 tree, email me if you need more info.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-cvs@xml.apache.org&msgNo=448

Cezar