xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Need xqrl.jar for selectPath or execQuery methods?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:48:20 GMT
In V2 of xmlbeans we have integrated the Jaxen XPath engine which should
be able to support these kinds of paths.  Note that v2 is not yet ready
for prime time.

- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: mg [mailto:mg@subscribe.audumla.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 8:25 PM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Need xqrl.jar for selectPath or execQuery methods?

Hi there,

What are the plans to extend the xpath functionality to support
attribute
comparison, eg
/xx:yy[@id = 'z']
The documentation has an example of this sort of query but I am yet to
get it working.
I am very eager to see this functionality working and am willing to
help,
as
the product I am building would really benifit having this available.

Cheers
Marius.

http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/docs/guide/conGettingStartedwithXMLBeans.
> html.
> > Although I had xqrl.jar(from weblogic8.1) in classpath
> > of my apache-xmlbeans/v1, xmlbeans was unable to
> > locate it(probaly due to package name difference:
> > apache-xmlbeans is looking for package name starting
> > with org.apache.. while the xqrl.jar(from weblogic8.1)
> > uses com.bea..).
> > thx
> > ganga
> > --- Eric Vasilik <ericvas@bea.com> wrote:
> > > Not sure if you been adequately answered yet, but
> > >
> > > XmlBeans V1 has very limited support for XPath (only
> > > expressions line x/y/z, a//b//c, etc...)  If you
> > > request an operation which goes beyond this,  we try
> > > to load xqrl.jar which comes with Weblogic which
> > > supports all of XQuery/XPath2.0.  What are the path
> > > expressions you are attempting?
> > >
> > > - Eric

org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlDelegate.invoke(XqrlDelegate.java:
> > > 110)
> > >         at

org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlDelegate.compilePath(XqrlDelegate.
> > > java:79)
> > >         at

org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path$XqrlPathImpl.create(Path.java:289
> > > )
> > >         at
> > >
> > org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getCompiledPath(Path.java:192)
> > >         at
> > >
> > org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getPath(Path.java:121)
> > >         at
> > >
> > org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getPath(Path.java:100)
> > >         at
> > >
> > org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.select(Path.java:85)
> > >         at
> > >
> > org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor.selectPath(Cursor.java:2951)
> > >         at

org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.selectPath(XmlObjectBas