xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Cezar Andrei" <ce...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Better messages from the validator
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:12:54 GMT
With my last checkin I included Dutta's patch for Validator in the v2 tree.
Thanks to Dutta's patch error messages should now contain more useful info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dutta Satadip [mailto:s-dutta@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 1:09 AM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Better messages from the validator

Hello
I made some changes to validator to accomplish the objective of better messages.

The changes included in this version of the validator include more verbose messages during
validation for

- Expected Elements ( message contains the name of the expected element to fix the problem)

- Unexpected Elements

Some of the future changes that might be useful (probably based on some community feedback)
would be verbose messages for missing/wrong attributes, elements that need to match certain
patterns and the like.

The changes in the validator would require the changes in the SchemaTypeVisitorImpl that I
have emailed earlier

In any case I am attaching 2 files

1. Validator

2. SchemaTypeVistorImpl

The diff for validator.java is included at the end of this email.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

With Regards

Dutta:)