xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: XmlBeans' XPath functionnalities limited?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:50:51 GMT
Your query:

    "./someTag/someOtherTag[@someAttribute='someAttributeValue']"

uses a predicate ([@someAttribute='someAttributeValue']).  These are not
part of the supported subset.

Currently, there is no support for running this, or arbitrary, queries
in the Apache version of XmlBeans.  The solution is not limited to
finding the correct xqrl.jar.  In actuality, there is other support code
needed to make BEA's XQuery (xqrl.jar) interoperate with XmlBeans.

- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Robichaud, Philippe [mailto:philippe.robichaud@telussa.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 1:00 PM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: XmlBeans' XPath functionnalities limited?

Hello all (in particular to Eric Vasilik since he seemed to
partially answer our question on January 5th),

> Not sure if you been adequately answered yet, but ... XmlBeans V1 has
very limited support
> for XPath (only expressions line x/y/z, a//b//c, etc...) If you
request an operation which
> goes beyond this, we try to load xqrl.jar which comes with Weblogic
which supports all of
> XQuery/XPath2.0. What are the path expressions you are attempting?
>
> - Eric

We are trying to make an XPath query, and we always catch an exception
telling us that we need to use the xqrl.jar.

Here is the XPath query:
"./someTag/someOtherTag[@someAttribute='someAttributeValue']"

Is there a problem with some type of query?  If so, where do we find the
correct xqrl.jar?

Thanx in advance!
Phil.