xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Toby H Ferguson <toby.h.fergu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Internationalization
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:33:55 GMT
Is there any effort underway to internationalize XMLBeans? This is
proving to be a crucial decision for us whether to use XMLBeans or not.

Does anyone know where the bulk of internationalization needs to be
done? I've had a look at the stuff I was immediately interested in
(src/typeimpl/org/apache/xmlbeans/impl/values/*.java &
src/typeimpl/org/apache/xmlbeans/impl/validator//*.java) and found 326
lines that looked as if they needed to be changed to i18n (i.e. they
matched the regexp .*".*".*$).

How would I go about getting these files made i18n compliant? I know
what to do technically, but getting it tested and accepted back into the
XMLBeans main branch is important - there's no point in doing this work
and then throwing it all away!

Toby H Ferguson