xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Kubik" <KU...@de.ibm.com>
Subject high volume processing
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:25:35 GMT
Hi all,
I'm new  to this list as I could not find any thing that would indicate
memory problems in the list archive.
Now, here's what happened:

I was trying the easypo sample as described o the web site. After some
script fixing (Linux) I finally got the sample to work.
As I have a requirement to process xml files that are 100MB+ in size, I
had some expectations...that were not fulfilled.
It seems that even a 30MB file would run into an out-of-memory error.  I
know I could temporarily fix that with giving the
JVM more memory. But this is not a solution. To me this looks like the
whole DOM tree (if any) and the Object hierarchy is
kept in memory. I'd love to see something more "intelligent" there.
My question now is, will that be addressed in V2 or is it even a design
goal? (didn't find anything in the project mgt, tho).

Thanks
 - matthias