xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "jas" <jslee...@lig.net>
Subject Re: Design Questions
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:26:32 GMT
Ok, I did some searching in the archive and didn't see an answer to a
question I had on v1.  I've been looking at this software for the past 2
weeks for particular patterns used.  One question I have is - why was the
approach of using an internal final static factory inside of each xml type
interface used?  It certainly is clever but I am wondering why there was
not a typical object hierarchy strategy used?  I didn't think one could
override final members but I wrote test code mimicking this approach and
proved it to myself.  I assume because it is done inside of an interface
that it is not a problem.

Thanks,
jas