xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Marius Gleeson" <mariusglee...@audumla.net>
Subject RE: XMLbeans with JAXB
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:02:43 GMT
The functionality I was wanting XMLBeans to perform is as
javax.xml.transform.Result targets for XSLT transforms. JAXB currently
works well enough for the basic processes that I then perform. However I
would really prefer to use XMLBeans cursors and other techniques for
accessing the resulting nodes, ie being able to request the parent object
of an arbitary generated Object, something I cannot do in JAXB.
I was hoping to be able to slot XMLBeans under the JAXB dependant classes
I have, however if there is another ( XMLBeans specific) way to use the
Beans in the fashion I described above that would be sufficient as well.

On that topic, are the classes that the XMLBeans framework generates
planned to be the same for both the JAXB implentation and native
XMLBeans, or will there be a specific code generation specifically for
JAXB?
The current JAXB code from CVS appears to be generating a different
implementation for the classes. Maybe the JAXBified XMLBeans could offer
its more advanced functionality through Vendor specific extensions?

Any news on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marius.