xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Dutta Satadip <s-du...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Contributing to XMLBeans
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:32:21 GMT
Hello,
My name is dutta and I have been looking at the xmlbeans source code (v1) and going through
the available documentation. I  used XML beans last year and thought ..this would be so good
if this was available in the opensource. I came to know about this project from a friend who
went to ApacheCon.

I am interested in contributing to this project. Typically I would try and look at bugzilla
and go from there. The website listed the V2 Feature plan (http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?XmlBeansFeaturePlan).
Based on reading the email archives it seemed like there was work on V2 going on, however
given the long list of features, I was wondering if anyone can help me find some starting
point that would help progress the project forward.

A little bit about my background. I have been programming since 7th grade..started with logo
and have since gone through a variety of languages C,C++, Basic, Pascal,Perl. I have been
working with Java since 1997 and XML since 2000. I have a MS in Computer Science from Virginia
Tech -Go Hokies!!. My bread and butter job is at Hewlett Packard.I also like writing and regularly
write for ACM Computing Reviews(reviews.com) and also have written a article for Java Developers
Journal.

With Regards
Dutta:)