xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Calahan <p...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Current start-with-java annotations
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:31:00 GMT
At 05:47 PM 11/24/2003 -0500, David Bau wrote:
>The interesting thing is that in start-from-Java - there are probably two
>reasons to define a global element, and perhaps we can have both the simple
>and the clunky solution at once on the same globalElement (my name for it)
>annotation
>
>(1) There is a need for a single distinguished element to be used when
>marshalling to a document
>(2) And when unmarshalling, there is potentially a need to understand any
>number of elements
>
>so potentially globalElement could be its own annotation with two
>properties, i.e., a singleton name and an optional array of additionalNames.

Right, good call.  Makes sense to me.

>I had been thinking about property-exclude rather than type-exclude, but I
>think your reasoning applies in both cases, and is also complimentary with
>your reasoning about element versus attribute annotations.  It seems like in
>both properties and classess Exclude should probably be its own annotation.

Right, I think I was thinking about property-exclude as well, just wasn't
typing what I was thinking :/.  Anyway, cool, I will adjust the javadoc
annotation so that it reflects this thinking.

I'll also go ahead and start maintaining 175-style annotation classes -
that should help ensure that the javadoc annotations will be in sync with
what we want to end up with in the 175 world.

-p