xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Calvin Powers <cal...@cspowers.com>
Subject Re: Hi All
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:17:04 GMT
David Bau wrote:

>A bunch of various ideas for XMLBeans enhancements were floated by folks
>after the talk at apachecon - I don't remember them all, but I hope folks
>start subscribing here and will share the ideas on the list.
>
>David

I'm curious whether there might be any advantages to using JXPath in
XMLBeans.  Seemes like there's an opportunity to reduce some duplicate
code by doing so. But I don't know nearly enough about either project to
say one way or another.

But for now, I'm just trying to figure out how to build this stuff from
within Eclipse. It seems that Eclipse doesn't like the directory layout
of the current code base. I've been able to launch the ant build from
withing Eclipse and it seems to build ok. But it's not heavily
integrated with Eclipses. But you can edit your files, then launch a
build which will kick off the ant build.

Next up for me is to figure out a way to launch the built command line
tools like the schema compiler and validator so that if you have have an
xsd file in Eclipse, the tool automagically recompiles the xsd file into
Java classes and then compiles the Java classes.  fun fun fun.

Calvin Powers